Ingredients: Prep Time 15 min/Total Time 2 hrs 15 min
- 2 large English cucumbers, seeded
- 5 lbs. ripe red tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks (I used Roma tomatoes, 10-12)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (2-3 depending on size and taste)
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, divided
- 1/2 parsley leaves, optional
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2-3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (first cold pressed)
- 2 tablespoons Pon’s Apple Condiment, sweet vinegar to balance flavors
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mango, or in-season pitted fruit like peach or nectarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow cherry tomatoes,
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped avocado
- small dollop of sour cream
- add crouton or tortilla chip (optional)
- Finely chop 1/4 of a cucumber and reserve for garnish. Peel the remaining cucumbers and cut into chunks; place in large bowl. Add in the tomatoes (and juices), 1/4 cup red onion, garlic, 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, red wine vinegar, and olive oil, stirring to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in blender or Vitamix, may need to do half at a time. Blend until smooth as possible.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. If you like some spicy heat, add red chili flakes, jalapeño, or a couple dashes of tobacco (to taste).
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and let chill, covered, for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve in bowls, small glass cups, garnish, add drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.